Monday, June 22, 2015

Fun Summer Decor

I'll catch you up on more adventures Wednesday but for now have a look at the fun items I got to use to decorate for summer!  My friend Jen has no end of amazingly cool stuff and sometimes I get to change up her seasonal look for her.  

Summer themes can vary quite a bit.  For Jen it's all about FUN.  From movies and popcorn to great vintage toys.  Pops of bright colours and lots of yummy treats.



It's fun to dedicate an entire shelf, 



or a whole wall to a new seasonal look.



Try to maintain one or two colours throughout to pull the look together.  I used as much red and yellow as I could.  When I needed more of one colour I searched Jen's shelves for appropriate book spines and threw them in to keep things cohesive.



Don't be afraid to use practical items as decor.  This popcorn popper is adorable!  And we popped up some real popcorn and threw it around to keep things fun.



It's possible Jen's kids thought I was a bit crazy.



Summer is a great time to experiment with decor if it's not your norm.  
Have fun with it!  


 What kid wouldn't feel welcomed home for summer with this fabulous spread?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment