Monday, January 5, 2015

Slacker...or Shirker??

Happy New Year! 
I'm not much for resolutions but I do try to choose a devotional plan 
each year that I feel I can stick with.

Last year I did Jesus Calling.


I loved it, and not cause it's turquoise.  It's such a beautiful devotional.
So I plan to use it again but I know I need more so I'd been thinking about adding a 
Read Through the Bible Plan.  
I did one a few years back and it was a great experience, but it was really intense which I do not quite feel up to at the moment.  Happily, Darla reminded me about the Shirkers and Slackers Plan that our church gave out last spring.
It's fabulous!!
Here's what I love - instead of ticking off the reading for a specific date, you read by the day of the week.  So, if say, one Friday you end up missing your reading, you can just skip to Saturday the next day without having to catch up.  I also love how the readings are divided by categories so there is variety in what you cover each week.  If you haven't started anything for 2015, I encourage you to give it a go!  And the best part...you're not behind even though it's the 5th.  
Just print it out and start on Monday's reading.  

No comments:

Post a Comment