Wednesday, September 3, 2014

This Day I Have Been Dreading Has Arrived

On Saturday Cate cried and pronounced that she would NEVER ride a two wheeler.  
Ever.
"I'm too SCARED Mommy."

On Sunday she screamed with delight as she coursed down the driveway.  



Isn't that the way life goes?
Today I'm terrified of my new role without kids at home.
There's crying and sadness and that feeling like it will NEVER be okay.
Ever.

But I know there will be a tomorrow where I'll scream with delight at God's new plans for me.  
I know I can trust Him.

Just this past weekend I was glancing through my gratitude journal (which was a bit of a mistake because I came across an entry where I'd written my thankfulness for Cate's little fingers reaching back at me through the stroller as we walked...BIG cry-fest) and I noticed I'd written an entry in gratitude of God giving me Zephaniah 3:17 as a promise.  Then I opened my devotional for that day and guess what verse was listed?

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

Yup.  Zephaniah 3:17.

Cool.

I'll see you back here next week, childless, ready to focus in on decorating.  
And organizing.  
And decorating.


No comments:

Post a Comment