Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Paint Colours - A New Feature

Choosing paint colours can be excruciating.

Here's my best advice:

1.  Don't over think it!  
Many shades are truly so close and end up looking different on your wall than in the swatch anyway.  Chances are, it'll all work out.  And if not...it's not a hard thing to correct.

2.  Choose colours that you've seen somewhere and liked.

And that brings me to a new feature I'll share with you on occasion!  
Whenever I flip through a magazine, I save the names of colours I see that I like either in featured homes or that designers have recommended.  

I've begun collecting those swatches and every so often I'll share them with you!

Here's the first batch, all Benjamin Moore.


They are (clockwise from top left):

Sherwood Green
Alexandria Beige
Mount Saint Anne
Old World Coral
Middlebury Brown
Iron Mountain
Mill Springs Blue

Remember that colours don't read the same online as in real life!  
I loved the Mill Springs Blue so much that I plan to use it in an upcoming project.
Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment