Monday, March 24, 2014

Photo Collage Trick

 We've talked about tracing out your frames and taping the papers on the wall to determine how you want to hang a photo collage, but I added an extra step the other day that made it even easier.

Sometimes working with these big papers gets a bit finicky...they're always rolling up on you and you have to keep standing back to see what you think, pull off, re-position, re-tape.  
You know.

Southern Living
So when I planned out a photo wall for a volunteer job I did a few weeks back, I cut out miniature frames from graph paper first.  I did them more or less to scale, and then worked them around until I figured out a pattern that I was happy with.



When it came time to hang the actual frames, I continued the old method of trace and tape, but I knew exactly the pattern I wanted and by starting with the centre photos and working outward, I just recreated the look.



This method takes a bit of time, but I promise you, it works great and saves hours of headache in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment