Monday, October 7, 2013

Day 7 ~ Making Do

My mom has lots of catchy little phrases, like when I would ask her where something was she'd always say, "Cast your eye around!".  

Something else she said was "make do".  It bothered me sometimes growing up because I tended toward the perfectionist side of things and I didn't always want to "make do".  

But I see now how we can waste so much time and money sometimes on the "perfect' solution...an item that might get changed in a few months time anyway.

If my mom wants something a certain way and she doesn't have exactly what she needs for the job, she'll "make do".


It's just a piece of string this plant hanger of hers but the plant hangs just fine and no one notices the string...it's the plant that stands out.

Is there something you've been dying to buy when in reality you could save money and time and just "make do"?

To read other posts from my 31 Day series click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment