Friday, October 25, 2013

Day 25 ~ Seasonal Decor

This might be the biggest legacy my mother passed on to me.  
I love to change things up for the seasons.  I know lots of people find it too time consuming or too cumbersome to store a bunch of extra stuff, but it's one of the great joys in my life to pull out a box of pretty seasonal items and splatter them around the house.

There are endless ways to put some seasonal items into your space.

It can be as simple as adding a plate.



Or switching out Summer greens for Fall berries.






















Or how about an icy Winter switch out?




My mom crocheted covers for her pillows last year.



So I did too.  
It was easy and made my space more cozy.
Ditto for adding a fur throw.



My mom's got me beat with this chair though. 
She keeps the green cover on for Spring/Summer and changes it to its original plaid for Fall/Winter.






















I grew up with no living room rug in the Summer and the replacement of it for Winter.
The possibilities are endless and making a seasonal change doesn't have to be expensive or difficult.  

Look around your space.  What can you do to make it feel like it reflects the season?

To read more posts from my 31 Day series, click here.







2 comments:

  1. Great ideas! Love the chair cover and pillow cover options! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosann! Here in Winnipeg it's about time to take out those pillow covers again! Brrrrrr.
      Shannon

      Delete