Wednesday, August 24, 2011

House

I miss House.  
And with our basement still looking like this, I'll be missing him for awhile yet.



I miss projects too.  Just guessing that the owner of the house we're renting would not be thrilled with me whipping out the spray paint though.  So here's what I did today instead.


I got this frame for a buck because I liked it.  Never pass up a cheap frame - even if it has no glass.  You can use them in so many places!



I had seen this in my Country Living magazine and fell in love.  



So I went to Michael's and got these.  A cheap ugly frame (cause I needed the glass) and a mat (cause my picture was not big enough for the frame).  They let me use TWO coupons.  This is a first in my Michael's shopping experience.  Together it came to $13.42.



I put did some cutting and presto!  New art (for under $15.00) for House when he is ready.


And in case you are wondering what on earth made me love THIS picture...what it says is,

"A place belongs forever to whoever claims it hardest...wrenches it from itself, shapes it, renders it, loves it so radically that he remakes it in his image."
~Joan Didion

Beautiful.  
We love you House.

1 comment:

  1. Love it, Shannon. Thanks for letting us follow your adventure! :)

    ReplyDelete