Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Easy Christmas Punch

A very merry December 1st to you all!  For those of you who cringe at the thought of decorating for Christmas, here are some easy tips that pack a lot of punch!

Take your couch from ordinary...


...to deck the halls in about 3 seconds flat.










Or how about taking your wall art from everyday to holiday with two easy moves?








Why not switch out your regular look



...for some festive glam?



None of these ideas took much time.  What they did take was a bit of forethought.   Keep your eye out over the year for holiday items that could work in the same spot as your day to day favourites. I am a big fan of switching out decor rather than adding it during the holidays.  Less clutter and chaos keeps that space of yours feeling calm and peaceful, but gives a cheery holiday look that will welcome family and friends.

I store my items in labelled plastic bins.  At holiday time I bring them up, switch it out, and store the day to day items back in the bins until it's time to take the holiday stuff down...then I switch it out again.  Easy, breezy.

3 comments:

  1. Great ideas! I love the pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The festive glam change is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how I could make over my laundry room?

    ReplyDelete